- Birth To Three: Provides early intervention services
- IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act): Mandates a free appropriate public education for ages 3-21
- SSI: Supplemental Security Income (from Social Security)
- Medicaid: Health insurance
- Department of Developmental Disabilities: Provides a case manager, funding and some programming depending upon level of need for individuals that also have an intellectual disability
"People with autism are growing up. They want to live productive lives as independently as possible. Without early intervention, education and safety net supports, their outcomes will deteriorate. The numbers of people diagnosed with autism is growing. Ignoring this issue will not make it disappear....