Thursday, November 20, 2008

Help Wanted


Blogger Stothers makes a good point: "Time is ripe for urging, encouraging, pushing, or even hectoring folks to start applying for jobs in the new and historic Obama Administration. People with disabilities especially ought to be sending resumes to change.gov ASAP."

So read "How to Get Hired in Washington," from U.S. News & World Report, get on over to change.gov, and get your name in the mix! Sure, it's going to be super-competitive and there are no guarantees, but what do you have to lose?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just graduated from the Oregon 2008 Partners in Policymaking and emailed all of my graduate pals including self-advocates a heads up about this opportunity. I am sticking to Oregon for now in my advocacy and employment but that article is definitely something I will hold on to if I set my sights on Washington down the road.

Disability Scoop

Special Ed News (Education Week)

Special Education Law