Thursday, November 6, 2008

THE FUTURE OF THIS BLOG


There's a reason I named this blog "Special Needs 08." I thought it would have an expiration date of Nov. 5, 2008. My intention was to work hard throughout the campaign to report on the candidates' records, plans, and statements on these important issues, so voters could make an informed decision. Every day, I reviewed news and blog stories, examined the candidates' past positions, and reported on the news I thought was most important.

So now my job is done....or is it?

In a recent post, I encouraged people who care about special needs issues to stay involved -- to advocate for the things they care about, to speak out, and to hold their elected officials accountable. After several readers asked me to keep blogging, I decided I have no other choice. Since I'll be following these issues anyway, I'll continue sharing news and commentary with you.

I do expect that I will post less frequently. Instead of every day, it may be once or twice a week. So to stay informed, I encourage you to sign up for email updates, which you can do in the right column. And please contact me with suggestions about what you'd like to hear more about, and send me interesting links you find.

As for the name, it's still going to be "Special Needs 08," to commemorate the historic campaign that inspired me to start this in the first place. Thanks for reading, and please come back.

5 comments:

Tom P. said...

I am glad you are staying around.

Now that we have Obama elected, let's make sure that he keeps his campaign promises.

Sister Wolf said...

Good news! You've done a great job.

william Peace said...

I am delighted you will keep blogging. I found your views thought provoking and look forward to reading future posts

Unknown said...

Yes, PLEASE continue your blog as it can really help inform and focus our citizen participation regarding disability and special needs issues!!!!

Margie said...

I'm really glad you're keeping this up. You've taken a very objective look at very important issues and I'm looking forward to your continuing "coverage," if you will.

Disability Scoop

Special Ed News (Education Week)

Special Education Law