Thursday, June 18, 2009

Making This Blog More Accessible


Today I received a nice note from "Accessibility Evangelist" Darrell Shandrow, who runs the Blind Access journal and podcast. Darrell asked me to consider using comment moderation instead of word verification to prevent spammers from posting inappropriate comments. "Though an audio alternative is provided," he explained, "it is difficult to use and still locks out the deaf-blind."

Because I agree with Darrell that resources like my blog should be fully accessible to all people with disabilities, I have enabled comment moderation. I promise to quickly review all comments, and I will post everything except spam, inappropriate language, and personal attacks.

Thanks for making this blog more accessible, Darrell.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Your blog is a valuable resource. Thanks for making this change for better access.

Disability Scoop

Special Ed News (Education Week)

Special Education Law