Thursday, February 26, 2009

Autism Thursday in Annapolis Part 2


Without a doubt, the highlight of today's rally and both hearings was Adam Berman, a 22-year-old who spoke about the progress he's made since being diagnosed with autism 20 years ago.

"My prognosis wasn't very favorable. They said that I'd be institutionalized. I'd be a burden to the taxpayers. I'd be unable to dress myself. I'd bang my head on the wall. Well, I'm here today to tell them that I am a taxpayer." Adam says Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy allowed him to graduate from the University of Maryland and get a job.

Watch his dramatic remarks at the rally.



See Part 1 of my report, including more photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u r blog Is very nice


website design nyc

Disability Scoop

Special Ed News (Education Week)

Special Education Law