Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Who is WH Senior Advisor's Hero? (Hint: It's Not Obama)

In this article about White House senior advisor David Axelrod, he speaks about his 27-year-old daughter Lauren, who lives in a Chicago facility for children and adults with developmental disabilities. After he gave a speech at the facility recently, Lauren presented him with a painting of the White House that incorporates the Chicago skyline.

"Lauren is my hero," he said at the event. "Because of her epilepsy, she has had many challenges in life, physical and emotional challenges, that most of us have never imagined. Mom and I are so lucky to have you. And I just want to say I love you and we'll see each other often, so don't worry about this moving thing. I'm coming home for every home visit."

No comments:

Disability Scoop

Special Ed News (Education Week)

Special Education Law