Thursday, December 18, 2008

Autism Twitter Day -- another way for people to connect

Tuesday was Autism Twitter Day, but that doesn't mean much to you if you don't use Twitter. I didn't either until a few weeks ago, but there's an amazing community of special needs parents and experts there. This slideshow introduces the basis concept of Twitter and summarizes the day. Twitter may or may not be for you -- it's just one more social networking tool -- but I like its immediacy and simplicity.

For Autism Twitter Day, I led a discussion on therapy dogs for people with autism. If you have a Twitter account or want to create one at Twitter.com, follow me at MMiller20910 (my personal account) and childrenshealth (my work account).

No comments:

Disability Scoop

Special Ed News (Education Week)

Special Education Law